In this article we will explain how to set the BIOS password on a Lenovo IdeaPad 100 computers, but before we start with the main topic of the article, we will quickly explain about Lenovo ideapad 100 BIOS key, what BIOS is? And what is it for?
Since some may not be clear about that information that can be vital if we want to begin to delve into the main topic that we will deal with today, which is the password for the BIOS.
Since if we start to configure our BIOS without knowing how important it is or what repercussions it could have, we could end up creating problems on our computer that would take much longer to solve than it would take to read the important information and advice that we will give you then.
First, what is the BIOS? The BIOS is an essential and vital component that every computer in the world has, since this is the one that ensures that when you turn on your computer, the operating system you are using is Windows 7, 8, 10, among others begin to function or operate, and so the process of starting the system can begin, and we can use our computer as we do every day.
In addition to the important task of starting our operating system, the BIOS of our computer also performs several other functions that are just as important and vital for the operation of the computer, among these functions is the task of managing the components and functions of the different elements that make up our computer and its operation, such as: the board, storage (hard drives), Ram memories, CPU, etc. The BIOS is the one in charge of starting and controlling each of these components, of which even if one of them were missing, our computer could not work.
Since in the BIOS we will find all these components and all the options and functions that they can do, it is very important to always remember to be extremely careful when handling any option or function that will appear in it, because if we make any wrong configuration and change any of the tasks that BIOS had to perform by default for our computer to work.
We could end up causing chaos that could take hours or days to solve if you do not have much knowledge about computing, so pay attention when working in your BIOS and as a additional advice if you do not need to make any changes that are really necessary in your computer, better not mess with the BIOS to avoid any possible problem later.
Very well, already said and explained that it is the BIOS and the risk that they can run when altering their configurations in the wrong way, we go with the main topic of our article which is; what is the Lenovo IdeaPad 100 BIOS key configuration process?.
Steps to configure Lenovo ideapad 100 BIOS key
1. The first thing we must do to put the key to our BIOS Lenovo IdeaPad 100 is obviously to enter the BIOS of our computer, since otherwise we will not be able to start with this. To enter the BIOS the first thing we must do is; turn off our computer completely, once turned off we turn it on again and as soon as the Lenovo logo appears we press the `F2 ‘key that you will find at the top of your keyboard, you must press it several times consecutively for it to work.
2. Once they press the `F2 ‘key in the correct way and at the correct moment indicated in the previous step, a window will appear, this window is the computer’s BIOS window where we will find all the options and functions of our computer.
3. Once we enter the BIOS to set the password, which is what we want to achieve in this case, we must go to the upper option of the window that says security (To move in the BIOS window we will not be able to use the mouse, for what they will have to use the `DEL or DEL` key on their keyboard) once we change to the security options, we will see several options that have to do with the components that are responsible for the security of the elements that it manages The BIOS, among them you will find an option that says to use a password or place a password, we must go there and select that option (They can select with the `tabulator or space bar´ key).
4. Once we select the option to enter the password, a small box will appear in which we will have to enter the password that we want to use.
5. Once they put the password they want, they must go to the option that should be just below the one to put password, which says ‘use password’ and right at the end of the sentence is a small box that says ‘Enable’ this It means that the password that we just entered is not active yet, so you must go to the small box and click on it, so that the password is activated and the system asks for it every time you start your computer.
6. Once this is done, they will have their password ready and active, and to exit the BIOS window and log in normally, they only have to press the `Esc´ key to exit.
They should know that once the BIOS password is entered, it will ask for them all the time, so if you are one of those who forget their passwords, you should write it down somewhere you remember. Because if removing the BIOS password from the computer is much more complicated than removing the password from the Windows operating system. So be especially careful with that and avoid the moment of suffering of not being able to access your computer for forgetting the password and they have to pay to have it solved.