This is a guide on How To Make Bootable USB windows 7. You need to have USB flash drive is with at least 8 GB of free storage and that there is no important data in it since all the data will be erased completely later. The similar principle applies even on creating a Bootable USB for windows 10, but on this post we will focus on windows 7 You need to download Windows from Microsoft Store or any online source to make a Bootable USB. Download as an ISO file.
Tools Needed To Make Bootable USB windows 7
You need Windows image file + ISO to USB burner software + USB flash drive to create Windows 7 USB Install Disk.If you don’t already have windows 7 image then you can get the ISO file from Windows 7 download page. The most popular edition is Windows 7 Ultimate ISO. Choose 32bit or 64bit version.
Download And Install Windows 7 USB/DVD tool
The Windows USB/DVD Download tool allows you to create a copy of your Windows 7/8 ISO file on a USB flash drive or a DVD.
After downloading the ISO file and then you can run the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool. This genuine user friendly tool can be Download Here. After the download is done, you can install Windows 7 or Windows 8 directly from the USB flash drive or DVD. The ISO file contains ingall the Windows installation files combined into a single uncompressed file.
Please note! When you download the ISO file, you need to copy it to some medium in order to install Windows.
1) Insert your USB flash drive into your computer. After you have downloaded above Windows 7 USB tool. Now Make a USB copy of your Windows ISO file, using this Tool. Open this tool from your programs. e.g Start ⇒ All Programs. Click on Browse button and go to the path where your windows iso file is located. Select Windows 7 ISO file and click Open.
2) Press the Start button on your keyboard, type cmd in the search box. Right-click cmd and click Run as administrator. Or another would be to Click on USB Device as media type you would like to use to create Windows 7 bootable USB drive.
3) Type the following commands into the cmd window and press the Enter key on your keyboard after each command. Or from the Drop Down box select your USB Pen drive letter, e.g., H: or I: or G: and then click Begin copying. After the process is completed the USB is now bootable. Turn off your computer and plug in USB. Now Turn on PC and boot from USB. Done.
When your Windows ISO file is copied, install Windows by moving to the root folder of your USB drive, and then double-click Setup.exe.
- How To Make Bootable USB windows 7
- How To Make a Bootable USB Drive
- Boot Windows 10 From USB Flash Drive