This article will provide you with all the information on How To Clean Laptop Touch Screen to keep your Laptop squeaky clean without damaging it. Avoid ruining your laptop touch screen or monitor when all you want is to keep that brand new laptop running smoothly. Just like many devices, the repeated use of your laptop, tablet, or smartphone can cause them to be stained and have prints in some cases. The result of having to see your devices dirty isn’t pretty. A chemist could probably take samples from my iPad’s screen right now and tell you what I had for breakfast.
So whether you’re gaming or burning the midnight oil on a work project, there’s nothing more annoying than a dirty computer screen. The only problem is that most computer screens are highly sensitive and require a delicate touch to prevent damage. Bear in mind that most of the suggestions for cleaning your laptop that we discuss here will also work for your monitors and TV screens, as well.
Five simple steps to cleaning your touch Screen Laptop
Most Laptop touch screens have a strong protective layer specially made more the purpose of cleaning, more especially on devices such as tablets and smartphones. This will make it much easier to clean. I still insist on taking precautions when cleaning and make your touch screen can not be damaged from the cleaning process. Because even if a layer is available for protection, some of the modern devices including Laptops, Ipods, Phones and Televisions are just very sensitive.
You don’t have to buy anything expensive and special. Touch screens may be high-tech, but the job of cleaning them requires only simple tools and elbow grease.You will need a microfiber cloth. You may already have one. Perhaps it came with some device. Or your eyeglasses. If not, you can buy them for a few dollars at computer stores, camera stores, and various places online.Display as white an image on your screen as possible. For instance, you can create a new word processing document and not type anything in it. The white background will make it easier to see the dirt. Follow the simple steps below on how to easily wipe a your laptop clean.
Materials and cleaning Chemicals
Best laptop cleaners you can use include the compressed gas. Not only is this product great for removing the dust on your screen, but it’s also good for cleaning your keyboard as well. Alternatively products like the Dust-Off®, Endust®, and Fellowes® are also reliable brands of compressed air that have a very good reputation of doing a well fine cleaning job. Just visit any store near you, whether grocery stores, drug stores, and computer stores, as well as many online retailers.
- You can also try to use i-ScreenClean ball, these are our other alternative recommendations. The i-ScreenClean Ball 3-Pack is a great tool for daily cleaning and maintenance. With this you can entirely avoid the use of liquids while you clean your laptop screen or monitor. It has an advantage of avoiding problems like spills and some stains will require the use of professional cleaning products, but for the most part, the cleaning ball is a great way to go.
- Another package is the Bryson Screen and Laptop Cleaner which i feel is a reasonably inexpensive cleaning solution that’s as easy to use. Just spray it onto a screen-safe cleaning cloth and wipe away all of your worries.
- The last but not definitely the list is the GreatShield, which offers a combination package of monitor cleaner solutions that will definitely give your laptop touch screen a complete restoration.
Dry your screen with a clean microfiber cloth
This clothe must really be a clean, dry microfiber cloth to buff your touchscreen. This must be rubbed on top of you Laptop screen gently after using eyeglass cleaner. This will reduce streaking and dry any residual moisture. Clean stubborn smudges with eyeglass cleaner. For stubborn smudges, spritz 1-2 sprays or 1-4 sprays of eyeglass cleaner for the stubborn smudges. Spray onto your microfiber cloth so it is damp but not saturated. Wipe your screen in small circular motions to remove any oily smudges or fingerprints. Precaution: Do not spray the cleaner directly on your touchscreen. This can cause the screen to become excessively wet and damage to the electrical components.
Let’s begin with how to clean laptop touch screen. The cleaning process is very simple, now that you have learned about your microfiber and safe cleaning materials, which i believe you have ready to be used.
- Get your cleaning material prepped with cleaning solution (if applicable).
- Never directly apply cleaning solution to your computer screen.
- Start in the center and gently wipe the screen in a circular motion
- Do not use the moist section of your cloth to clean the corners of your screen.
- Gently wipe down the screen until the entire surface becomes clean and no longer has dust or dirt.Of course, there will be instances where no amount of gentle wiping will remove the soda your toddler spilled on your laptop a week ago. In these circumstances, you may have to turn to a serious computer cleaning solution or rubbing alcohol. Just remember that when you clean your laptop’s screen, a delicate touch is vital to the long-term health of your display.
Here are some other things to remember:
- Often times, the keyboard creates “stains” on the screen. They’re hard to avoid and even harder to clean off. To help prevent the stains, consider storing the soft, lint-free cloth that you use to clean the monitor inside the laptop, between the keyboard and screen.
- Office-supply stores carry special LCD screen cleaners as well as the lint-free wipes that you can use to clean your screen and the rest of your laptop.
- Avoid using alcohol or ammonia-based cleaners on your laptop screen! They can damage the LCD screen.
- Never squirt any cleaner directly on a laptop’s screen.
- The laptop needs to be turned off before cleaning. To avoid accidentally send out a strange jumbled-up email to an important client while you’re cleaning.
- When learning how to clean your monitor or laptop screen, it’s always better to be safe than sorry. You invested a significant amount in your laptop and other electronics. It would be wise to invest a small amount in their care and upkeep. Investing in a microfiber cloth that you keep in your desk just for your laptop, along with a cleaning solution kit might cost you a few bucks but it will cost you far more to replace a damaged computer screen from careless cleaning.
Other simple methods of cleaning your laptop touch screen
Sometimes you can’t manage to purchase cleaning solutions. Don’t worry there other methods you can use yo clean your Laptop, without a splurge on ultra-expensive products.
- Turn the computer off and unplug the power adapter and battery. Cleaning a screen that’s in use can result in permanent damage, so be on the safe side of things and turn everything off. Don’t just put it to sleep.
When trying to clean your laptop screen and you have to rely on alternative methods. Make sure the Laptop is switched off. The screen might get affected because during the alternative cleaning methods, household items that can be used, such as rubbing alcohol.
2. Get a microfiber cloth. This is made with a type of fabric that doesn’t produce lint, in addition to being very soft. If you use a washcloth, T-shirt or another type of cloth, it could leave extra debris on your screen or scratch it.
- Avoid using paper products as well. Never use a napkin, paper towel, toilet paper or another paper product, since these are scratchy and will damage the screen.
- A microfiber cloth is handy for cleaning all sorts of screens and lenses.
A brand new sponge is a great way to clean a screen. You will need to lightly dampen the sponge (but not too much); the last thing you want is for water to drip down into your laptop.If, and only if, you have a glass laptop screen, it’s safe to use Windex as a cleaner. Sturdier computers sometimes have a clear glass screen over the front of the display – much like a cell phone. A bit of Windex sprayed onto your microfiber cloth will certainly get the job done. But remember, never spray the Windex directly onto your laptop screen itself.
3. Wipe the screen gently with the cloth. Using one sweep of the cloth should take care of any dust and loose particles on the screen. Wipe gently without exerting much pressure, since if you press too hard you could damage the screen.
- When you wipe with gentle circular motion, you’ll be able to lift up some of the tougher spots.
- Never scrub the screen, or you could cause pixel burnout.
If you don’t have a microfiber cloth or a sponge fresh out of the package, a soft duster brush will work. A traditional feather duster might damage your screen but there’s a good chance you’ve adopted the Swiffer® duster into your household. These cleaning cloths are made from thousands of tiny polyester fibers and are the next best thing for cleaning your screen if you don’t have a microfiber cloth.If you ever find yourself questioning the methods by which you plan to clean your laptop screen, it’s best to err on the side of caution. To take extra precaution, you can order specialized products and cleaning solutions online or pick them up at electronic stores.
4. Clean the laptop frame with gentle cleaning solution. If the area around the screen is dirty, you can use a standard household cleaning solution and a paper towel; just be very careful not to let it touch the screen.
Unless you do not have the cleaning solutions mentioned earlier, only then can you apply the alternative methods, otherwise you should make an effort to clean it far more frequently. All that grime on your fingertips dragging across your screen can cause a major build up.Touch screens are especially sensitive to pressure, so make sure you don’t press down too firmly while you’re cleaning since it could wear out the sensors or even damage them.
Suggested Articles: Make Bootable USB windows 7 and How To Boot Windows 10 From USB Flash Drive including simple ways How To Hack Wifi Password On Laptop
What if my Laptop Touch screen doesn’t get clean?
- Well, most Touchscreens need to be cleaned often. This is because they get dirty quicker than non-touch screens, and the dirt interferes with both the visual experience and touch sensitivity. Keep on with the process to wipe the screen, applying the solution slight, with slight and minimal pressure from your hands. Try both way during the cleaning process, straight wipes horizontally across the screen.
- If that doesn’t work, try wiping vertically, or using circular motions. If the screen is still dirty, you’ll need to prepare my secret screen-cleaning potion. Fill a spray bottle to approximately the halfway point with distilled water. Then fill it the rest of the way with white vinegar. Close the bottle, and shake. Shut down your computer or device. You don’t want electricity going through it right now.
When you’re done, wipe it again with a clean, dry microfiber cloth—or at least with a clean, dry corner of the cloth you’ve been using. Don’t turn on the device until the screen is dry. Eventually, after you are done you’ll have to clean the cloths and pack your solution in a cool dry place.