A bootable USB can be considered one of the most useful devices that we can have at our disposal, since it not only serves as a portable operating system that we can carry with us every day and use whenever we wan to Create Windows 10 bootable USB from ISO. But it can also be had as an emergency repair tool for our computer, in case the operating system of our computer suffers from an error or problem that prevents you from logging in.
For this reason, knowing that there is such a useful device, many decide to create a bootable Windows 10 USB device (or the operating system of their choice) and that is why we have created this article for these people who are looking for the fastest ways and means and simple to manage to Create Windows 10 bootable USB from ISO, which is the method we’ll focus on in this topic.
There are several ways to create a bootable USB ISO Windows 10 and here we will explain the 2 fastest and simplest ways to achieve it in just a few minutes.
Methods to create a bootable Windows 10 USB from ISO
Create with programs or apps
1. The first thing we must do to start creating our bootable USB, is to go to our favorite browser, either Chrome, Opera or Firefox and then enter google and in the search bar we place ‘Download ISO image of Windows 10’ Once this is done, select the most promising one and download the Windows 10 ISO image, as it will be vital in this process.
2. Once we have downloaded the ISO image of Windows 10, the following will be to take the USB device that we are going to use for this purpose and connect it to a free port on our computer.
3. Since our USB device is connected to the computer, we will go to the Windows 10 search bar, where we will type `cmd´ and once it appears we select it, so the command prompt window will appear.
4. Once we are in the command prompt window we are going to place the command `diskpart´ and then simply press` Enter´ on the keyboard.
5. Again in the command prompt we will place the following command `list disk´ and press the` Enter´ key again, then a new window will appear.
6. In this new window we can see the storage devices that are connected to our computer, here we will look for the USB device that we connect, it may appear as ‘disk 1’, but if not we can simply search for its storage capacity.
7. Once we know what the USB device is, we will place in the command prompt window `sel disk 1´ (If your USB device appears with the name disk 1).
8. We return to the command prompt window and type the command `create partition primary´. This will make a main partition appear on our USB device.
9. Once the previous step is finished, we will place a new command `list par´. Then we will write `sel par 1´, this will let us select the partition that we just made on the USB device.
10. We continue with the activation of the partition that we selected, for that we just have to write the command `active´ at the command prompt.
11. Afterwards we will have to perform the formatting of the USB device, which we can do with the command `format fs = FAT32 label =» WINDOWSUSB »quick override´
12. Once the previous steps have been carried out, we will go to the command prompt again. We will write the command `assing´ here we will be able to put the drive letter to use on our USB, they can be whatever they want as long as they are not being used by another device installed in the system.
13. To finish with the creation of the Windows 10 bootable USB with ISO, we will only write the command `exit´ this will close the` diskpart´ process. Then we write the same command again to close the command prompt window and finally we will paste the Windows 10 ISO image that we downloaded at the beginning on our USB device, just enter the device and paste it like any other file and it will be ready.
Create a bootable Windows 10 USB from ISO with `Rufus´ program
1. The first step, as in the previous method, will be to download the Windows 10 ISO image that we will use in this process.
2. We look for the official page of `Rufus´ and download the portable version that is indicated for our bootable USB.
3. Then we open the `Rufus´` exe´ file that we downloaded, it does not require installation so just run it.
4. Once it opens and the program interface appears, connect the formatted USB device that we will use in the process.
5. After connecting the USB, all the options of the program’s interface will be enabled, in the option of ‘Boot choice’ we place ‘ISO Image’ then in the button that is next to it that says ‘Select’ we press it and look for the Windows 10 ISO image that we downloaded and selected it.
6. Then there will be the option of `File system´ that we should leave by default the one that appears selected which is` FAT32´.
7. Once the previous steps have been carried out, we will be almost ready, there are other options that will appear on the interface, but if you do not have any knowledge about them, you should leave them as they are by default.
8. Well, finally to finish the process of creating the Windows 10 bootable USB with ISO, we will only press the button that appears at the end of the interface called ‘Start’ then the program will automatically start running and in a few minutes, when the status bar is completely green, the bootable USB with ISO Windows 10 will be ready to be used on any computer.